California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project
The CSPS Project will modernize the human resource management and payroll system used by approximately 285,000 employees throughout state government.
The State Controller's Office (SCO) will work with the California Department of Technology CDT) using the Project Approval Lifecycle (PAL) process to improve the quality, value, and likelihood of success with clear objectives, accurate costs, and realistic schedules. The CSPS Project is currently focused Stage 2 Alternative Analysis, the second of four PAL stages.
By leveraging our lesson’s learned from previous projects, the SCO will successfully update or replace our legacy payroll systems to meet the CSPS Project objectives:
- Provide a solution that enables on-line view and update capabilities for end users
- Provide automated validation and compliance verification checks to improve processes
- Provide a solution that allows for timely implementation of Laws and Rules
- Implement a solution that improves access to relevant data for reporting and compliance
- Implement a solution that provides more user-friendly features and integrated with other business processes
- Update and modernize the technology infrastructure, including implementing a System Transaction Log
- Streamline manual and paper based processes
- Provide flexible payment methods
For additional information about the project, please visit our approved PAL Stage 1 Business Analysis submission located on the CDT website, located here.
California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project - Future State Activities
PAL Process Stage 2 Alternative Analysis – Future State Activities
California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project - Future State Inventory
CSPS Project - Future State Inventory
California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project - Future State Workflow Sessions
Future State Workflow Sessions