(273) Information Technology Supervisor I Hours: 4:00 - 12:30 EVENING SHIFT
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$6,606 - $8,852
Denise Middleton (916) 323-6695
Information Systems Division
300 Capitol Mall Suite 634
Sacramento, CA 95814
October 16, 2020
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - AP
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF # 21-003 or Position #051-340-1403-001 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
The following link outlines a summary of benefits available to state employees: https://www.calhr.ca.gov/Pages/California-State-Civil-Service-Employee-Benefits-Summary.aspx
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
Under general direction of an Information Technology Supervisor II (ITS II), the Information Technology Supervisor I (incumbent) will lead and supervise a team of 6 technical staff in support of the State Controller’s Office (SCO) Production Operations (PO) unit. The PO unit is responsible for processing the State Controller’s Office (SCO) Employment History, Payroll, and Financial batch systems from a dedicated computer, which is located at the California Department of Technology (CDT). The position’s duties are focused in the Software Engineering, Business Technology and Client Services domain. However, work can also be assigned in other domains. The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills and communicate effectively to others. The incumbent will also manage and oversee special batch processes that must run on weekends when all online systems are inactive. The incumbent must be able to work weekends and nights, and be on call in an Operational Business Recovery event.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
Management, Coordination and Supervision:
- Provide direction and oversight of changes in priorities, scheduling of production batch processing, and special projects scope and schedule. Report progress of projects and related activities in meetings and written reports to the Information Technology Supervisor II. Create assignments and track status of specific tasks and deliverables assigned to multi-disciplined staff. Review for content, quality, and accuracy.
- Supervise project leader representing the PO unit on tasks requiring technical expertise of our z/OS Unix environment for special projects and assignments such as the Hierarchical File System/Multiple Virtual Storage (HFS/MVS) Unix installation, OCOPY utilities, etc.
- Supervise staff representing the PO unit in meetings addressing customer technical requirements and special processing needs such as IT System interfaces, external customers online Customer Interface Control Systems (CICS) regions, direct updates to critical Virtual Systems Access Method (VSAM) files, processing times of day(s), windows of opportunity to process server-based applications. Relay pertinent client information about processing to the proper staff.
- Supervise project lead on court-mandated projects. Advise group of suggested changes impacting production processing. Relay pertinent information to the ITS II and team members. Supervise project leader to develop, install and support the online IT Infrastructure Library. Meet with programmers, internal and external customers to install programs, IT procedures, online documentation, System Warrant Logs, etc.
- Supervise the project leader in the development, installation and maintenance of the IT Global Calendar (IGC). Supervise Direct Access Storage Disk (DASD) Space Coordinator responsible for the space requirements of all data passing through PO. Work with the existing daily DASD space report provided by CDT. Monitor all DASD packs for efficiency, move data from full DASD packs to DASD packs. Calculate space for data and code JCL when large files are coming through our processes. Collaborate with PO project leads on the implementation of the FI$Cal project and/or any other special mandated production processing.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and retaining staff of competent levels in accordance with established plans and anticipated needs. Assure adequate staffing levels are maintained to support current and future production needs. Plan and develop controls over the quality of service provided. Responsible for preparing and completing performance evaluations and addressing employee performance and productivity issues.
- Develop training plans, and training material for the more complex changes to SCO’s environment. Provide technical training to the PO staff on the more complex changes to Job Control Language (JCL), IBM utilities, Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), and various environments of complex computer systems. Project training needs annually based on assessment of staff knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Act as backup to staff; scheduling and monitoring batch processing, report progress, and/or issues to appropriate parties.
- Experience writing technical documentation –business requirements, issue papers, training guides, implementation plans
- Ability to confidently and effectively communicate complex problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical persons through written communication
- Experience creating technical documentation in accordance with industry proven best practices and methodologies
- Experience in reporting metrics on services to support service level agreements
- Ability to communicate change impacts and change activities through various methods
- Excellent leadership skills with experience leading teams of technical analyst to successful outcomes
- Experience working with operations and business teams to identify and communicate problem impacts
- Excellent collaboration and customer service skills
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple workloads
- Knowledge and experience with event, incident, problem, release and change management processes
- Knowledge of information technologies and trends
- Experience and knowledge of application development and/or production operations
- Knowledge of mainframe batch and online operations, terminology, and processes
- Experience in performing all aspects of the SDLC as a Subject Matter Expert within an organization
- Experience in 24 X 7 software application systems support
- Experience recruiting and selecting project personnel
- Experience directing and coordinating the duties of other project personnel
- Experience providing input into the development, administration, and execution of Disaster Recovery Plans to protect State resources and continue to provide critical IT services in the event of a disaster, in compliance with State mandates
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience providing ad-hoc project status to executive, team members and stakeholders
- Experience developing, documenting, and disseminating IT governance policies and procedures
- Experience working in a 24x7 operational environment and maintaining productivity, output and motivation
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.