(259) Program Technician
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$2,722 - $3,658
Elisa Wong (916) 464-6055
Unclaimed Property Division
10600 White Rock
Road Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - AM
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF #180 or Position #051-550-9927-163 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
The following link outlines a summary of benefits available to state employees: https://www.calhr.ca.gov/Pages/California-State-Civil-Service-Employee-Benefits-Summary.aspx
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Special Instructions: Please submit a resume with your job application. Applicants are required to provide employment history on their application. Reference to “see resume” will be disqualified from the recruitment.
Scope of Position:
Under close to general supervision of the Staff Services Manager I in the Quality Assurance Review (QAR) Unit 2/Settlement Unit of the Special Operations Bureau, the Program Technician (PT) processes approved claims for payment. This includes conducting QAR of Fast Track claims, updating the claim status in UPS2000, preparing claims for storage, and entering archive information into UPS2000. The PT also picks up approved claims from the Claim Evaluation Units and delivers them to the QAR Unit 2/Settlement Unit, delivers claims with errors from the QAR Unit 2/Settlement Unit back to Claim Evaluation Units for correction, and assists in other units within the Bureau, as needed.
The PT learns and/or performs work involved with completion and/or review of the processing of technical documents or the giving of technical information to departmental clientele and/or the general public. The duties of this class require detailed knowledge of and ability to interpret, apply, and communicate specific laws, rules, and policies related to program work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Review Automated Fast Track claims evaluated and approved by Claims Evaluation Unit staff. Verify that the claims meet the requirements stated in the Claims Requirement List (CRL).
- Document the results of the review in UPS2000 by updating the QAR screens. Process approved claims by applying a second approval in UPS2000, generating a QAR Settlement Report, and forwarding the claim for additional approvals if required.
- Review Single Owner claims evaluated and approved by Claims Evaluation Unit staff. Verify that the claims meet the requirements stated in the CRL. Document the results of the review in UPS2000 by updating the QAR screens. Process approved claims by applying a second approval in UPS2000, generating a QAR Settlement Report, and forwarding the claim for additional approvals if required.
- Process claims that are not approved by generating a QAR Error Report and returning the claim to the Claims Evaluation Unit that approved the claim for correction. Identify and prevent the payment of fraudulent claims by following policies, procedures, and processes, and assist with the development of recommended course of action to be taken on any fraudulent claims.
- Pay approved cash claims in accordance with established procedures. Update the UPS2000 claim status to paid, and follow any special handling requirements for special types of claims, such as Safe Deposit Box Contents.
- Archive cash settlement claims into archive boxes for storage after paying. Document any and all claims placed into an archive box by doc locating the claims in UPS2000, creating a list and placing the list with the corresponding claims into the archive box. Archive claims paid appropriately in accordance with bureau procedures.
- Pick up and deliver claims for the QAR Unit 2/Settlement Unit. Pick up approved claims that are ready for QAR review from Claim Evaluation Units; divide, label, and track claims that are received for review in the QAR Unit 2/Settlement Unit, and place them in the “waiting” area; update the doc location in UPS2000 of claims received in the QAR Unit 2/Settlement Unit; return claims with QAR errors back to the Claims Evaluation Units; and update the doc location in UPS2000 of claims returned to the Claim Evaluation Units.
- Provide support to the Special Operations Bureau by cross-training, and providing back-up to address the fluctuating needs of the bureau.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Customer service oriented.
- Patient and open minded.
- Excellent work habits.
- Must be dependable, punctual and flexible to work under demanding conditions.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, work independently or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and research skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to adjust to priority changes.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.