(6325) Digital Print Operator II (Mon. – Fri. 7:30am – 4:30pm)
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$3,117.00 - $3,904.00
Velia Martinez, 916-323-2823
Administration and Disbursements Division
3301 C Street, Suite 780
Sacramento, CA 95816
September 27, 2017
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - AM
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF # DISB18-007 or Position #051-140-1412-XXX in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Please submit a resume with your application
Accepting Training and Development assignments for up to 24 months
Scope of Position:
Under direction provided by a Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent performs technical and specialized duties and activities pertaining to high-speed duplication and/or digital printing, which consists of setting up, collating, and binding printed material. The incumbent provides information to customers regarding their project options and costs, monitors and maintains equipment functions, and maintains charge records. The incumbent also provides backup support to Computer Operations, and assist in operating and monitoring the Format print systems. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Operate and maintain computerized high-speed copiers to reproduce instructional, administrative and business materials of various stock weight and sizes such as, annual reports, flyers, brochures, inserts, and various material for various SCO divisions;
- Assemble, pad, collate, bind, wrap, label and complete printed and duplicated materials according to customer request;
- Set up and operate various types of finishing equipment including: hydraulic drills, cutters, heavy-duty stitchers, and comb binding machines; perform related work such as assembling and stapling reproduced materials as needed;
- Retrieve and save electronic files; electronically manipulate printing files and jobs including sizing, cropping, masking, rotating images, shading, stretching, and electronically manipulate colors;
- Maintain logs and records used to track and invoice units for Reprographics services;
- Maintain assigned work area in a clean and orderly condition; order, shelve and store incoming materials and supplies; monitor supply inventories and ensure that adequate materials are on hand for pending projects; identify the need for special materials and initiate procurement procedures;
- Maintain and clean equipment according to preventive maintenance schedules; make minor repairs and corrections to improve system function; identify the need for external service or repairs and coordinate with service technicians as needed;
- Act as backup to Computer Operations performing all required tasks associated with operating and monitoring Format Print Systems;
- Assist other Disbursements sections when the workload of the bureau requires meeting a deadline.
- Strong organizational skills and a commitment to provide quality customer service.
- Excellent attendance and dependability.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and communicate effectively, including good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks, changing priorities and coordinate concurrent assignments efficiently and independently.
- Ability to recognize and work out solutions for operational problems.
- Willingness to work in a noisy environment.
- On a daily basis, must be able to lift and move 50 lb. boxes without assistance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member with all members of the Disbursements team.