(6322) Office Assistant (General)
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$2,255 - $3,102
Jesse Rios, (916) 322-3682
Personnel / Payroll Services Division
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 1001
Sacramento, CA 95814
September 27, 2017
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - IG
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF #508 or Position #051-220-1441-031 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
Under close supervision of an Office Services Supervisor II, the incumbent will provide clerical and administrative support for daily payroll operations for Personnel/Payroll Operations Managers, Payroll Officers, Supervisors and staff.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Open, date stamp and sort incoming mail by document type and distribute to the appropriate unit or staff.
- Sort and distribute various incoming mail and reports to appropriate staff or unit, and various state departments and campuses.
- Burst, sort and stuff computer generated messages in batch folders. Deliver batches to various payroll units.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical support tasks to ensure the timely release of daily and monthly payrolls.
- Maintain filing system of personnel/payroll documentation for historical and research purposes.
- Prepare legal documents for retention at the State Records Center.
- Maintain an official file of state employees authorized to sign personnel/payroll documents.
- Employment verification and collecting confidential materials for destruction.
- Operate photocopying and microfiche equipment.
- Self-starter who is able to follow instructions.
- Organizational skills, spell correctly, and make arithmetical computations.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and push a mail cart.
- Exceptional punctuality and dependability.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work as a team member.