Change your Home Address or Marital Status

Employees may change a variety of personnel related data by completing a Standard Form 686 (Employee Action Request). This form, commonly referred to as an EAR, allows you to change the following information:

Home address changes with this form affect your address as used by the State Controller for Personnel / Payroll related information. Additionally, this address is used to send various mailings to employees including California Public Retirement System member statements and Department of Personnel Administration Savings Plus statements. This form does not affect addresses on file with deduction companies, departmental employment lists or registered owner addresses of U.S. Savings Bonds. You may also wish to have your home address kept confidential, thereby limiting its release to employee organizations. You can do this by submitting a Standard Form 677 to your human resources / personnel office.

Standard Form 686: Employee Action Request

Standard Form 677: Request for Nondisclosure of Employee Home Address

If you are unable to view PDF formatted documents, download and configure Adobe Acrobat Reader by clicking on the "Acrobat Reader" link located at the bottom of this screen.