Planning for retirement can be intimidating. How much income will you receive through Social Security or your pension? How much more will you need to save to live comfortably in retirement? Do not let these questions hold you back from getting started.
The truth is, even small amounts saved consistently over time can help you build a nice nest egg if you start early. Take a close look at your budget today, calculate how much you can afford to put away each month, and see what that can grow to by retirement.
All Californians have access to CalSavers, a new retirement savings plan for workers whose employers do not have a retirement savings plan, self employed individuals, or for anyone who wants to save extra. Start investing in your future today!
- Learn the basics about pension sources and benefits
- Avoid common errors in pension calculations
- Understand which Social Security benefits may be available to you
- Enroll in CalSavers: California’s new retirement savings plan
- Read about retirement possibilities
- Learn more about public pension funds for California public employees and teachers:
- Research pension security issues