Welcome to the California State Controller’s Office web pages for State-Mandated Programs. The Controller’s Office annually receives, reviews, and audits Mandated Cost claims. We are also involved in reviewing Parameters and Guidelines, developing reimbursement forms, and issuing Claiming Instructions for each new and amended mandated program. This site will help you find information applicable to the Mandated Cost process.
Information and Resources for Local Agencies, Schools, and Community Colleges
- Block Grants for School Districts and Community College Districts
- Unit Cost Rates
- National Deflator: Implicit Price Deflator
School Districts and
Community College Districts
New and Amended Programs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Local Agencies, Schools, and
- Time Study Guidelines
Resource Links and Websites
- California Law, Code of Regulations, Government Code (sections 17500 - 17630), Legislative Information
Commission on State Mandates
California Department of Education's
School Accounting Manual (CSAM)
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Budget and Accounting Manual (BAM)
- California State Treasurer
- Department of Finance
- Legislative Analyst's Office
- State-Mandated Program Cost Report of Payments and Appropriations
- State-Mandated Program Cost Report of Unpaid Claims and Deficiencies
- State-Mandated Program Cost Report of Audit Findings
Receive automatic notification of updates to the Mandated Cost Programs Web pages.
Send questions or comments via email: mailto:LRSLGPSD@sco.ca.gov
How did we do?
The State Controller’s Office values your feedback. Please let us know by taking a short survey to help us improve the quality and timeliness of our service.
Please click on the following link for the survey page: