Online Claim Services
Notice to Our Website Visitors - Due to server maintenance at our website host (the state’s Office of Technology Services), the Controller’s (UCPI application) may be unavailable for up to 30 minutes, Friday, May 1, 2015, between the hours of 6 p.m. and 1 a.m. Pacific Time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will update this message if this schedule changes. – The Controller’s Web Support Team
- See if the State Controller's Office is holding Unclaimed Property for you.
- Check Your Claim Status
Investigator Handbook and Forms
If you are or wish to become an heir finder or asset locator, refer to the Investigator Handbook for information and forms.
- Investigator Handbook (rev. 11/2013)
For Heir Filing A Deceaded Owner Claim
Filing Instructions and Required Documentation
Please select one of the links below to print the filing instructions and list of documentation that must accompany the signed claim form
- Filing Instructions For A Property Owner
- Filing Instructions For Heir Filing A Deceased Owner Claim
- Filing Instructions For A Business
- Filing Instructions For A Government Agency
Sign Up For Our Investigator E-mail Subscription Service
Would you like to Receive Automatic Updates Related to the Investigator Information of Unclaimed Property? Receive notification when updates have been made to forms or other publications and law changes that may affect Investigators. Click here to subscribe