Financial Fitness and Consumer Protection
The California State Controller’s primary job is to guard the state’s fiscal health. However, State Controller Betty Yee is equally concerned about the financial – and physical – well-being of individual Californians. She has compiled resources to help people make the most of their personal finances, from opening a first bank account, entering or re-entering the workforce, or planning for a long-term savings goal. The information available on these web pages also may help you prepare for and manage a financial crisis.
Controller Yee encourages you to choose from the topics below to learn about becoming a more financially fit Californian!
Add the Financial Fitness logo button to your website by following these instructions.
Consumer Protection-Related Boards and Commissions
- California Clean Water, Clean Air, Safe Neighborhood Parks, and Coastal Protection Act Finance Committee
- California Victim Compensation Board
- Disaster Preparedness and Flood Prevention Bond Finance Committee
- Earthquake Safety and Public Buildings Rehabilitation Finance Committee
- Highway Safety, Traffic Reduction, Air Quality, and Port Security Committee
- Safe, Clean, Reliable Water Supply Finance Committee
- Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River, and Coastal Protection Finance Committee
- Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air, and Coastal Protection (Villaraigosa-Keeley Act) Finance Committee
- Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Finance Committee
- Seismic Retrofit Finance Committee
- Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal, and Beach Protection Act of 2002 Finance Committee