(6324) Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) Limited Term – 12 Months
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$5,507 – $7,242
Jesse Rios, (916) 322-3682
California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project – SCO
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 801
Sacramento, CA 95814
September 28, 2017
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - IG
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application must include either ARF #459 or Position #051-221-1312-928 in the job title section. Incomplete application packages will be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
- Position is limited term for 12 months
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ). The SOQ must be 12pt font and not to exceed 2 pages in length. Please address the following questions in your response:
- What prior experience and education qualifies you for this position?
- What is your experience with business analysis?
Scope of Position:
Under general direction provided by the Staff Services Manager III (CSPS Project), the incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of complex analytical and IT support activities associated with the CSPS Information Technology (IT) Project. The incumbent will perform a wide variety of analytical activities in the areas of business process analysis, system design analysis, problem resolution, legislative analysis and consultation. The SISA will combine complex analysis on business needs with project management tasks, which includes in-depth analysis, evaluation, and planning for system design and implementation for a highly complex IT project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Participate in the activities and development of required documentation for the Department of Technology (CDT) Project Approval Life Cycle (PAL) Stage 2 Alternatives Analysis (S2AA).
- Collaborate with the SCO program areas and external project stakeholders to identify and document as-is business processes, focusing on the impacted systems, workflows, data security and privacy characteristics and enterprise architecture.
- Decompose high-level business processes and user requirements into functional, non-functional, and transition requirements. Ensure the project problems and opportunities support the SCO Strategic Plan; ensure requirements traceability and manage requirements change control activities.
- Conduct market research, evaluating new technologies to recommend. Perform alternative analysis, conducting a thorough analysis of all feasible alternatives. Assist in development of the Financial Analysis Worksheets (FAW). Perform research and analysis, and compose decision papers or other written documentation to recommend new practices or technology.
- Represent the State Controller's Office on various functional and technical focus groups, task forces comprised of departmental, control agency, and labor union representatives.
- Maintain effective working relationships, and work collaboratively as well as independently
- Knowledgeable in Project Management and Business Analysis methodologies
- Knowledgeable of the Dept. of Technology Project Approval Lifecycle stages
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks and workload
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Produce work progress or status information for meeting purposes and established reporting mechanisms
- Demonstrate good working relationships with all levels of staff including program representatives, governance boards and stakeholders using tact and perspective