(6321) Assistant Information Systems Analyst
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$3,377 - $5,491
Jade Celebrado (916) 464-6050
Unclaimed Property Division
10600 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - AM
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF #64 or Position #051-550-1479-006 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
Special Instructions: Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
Under supervision provided by the Staff Information Systems Analyst (Supervisor) of the Holder Operations Bureau (HOB), Operations Support Section (OSS), the incumbent will perform a variety of functions to support the Unclaimed Property Division’s (UPD) customers, stakeholders, business priorities, and environment to complete assignments. Customer service and communication is a major focus of the position. The incumbent will work collaboratively with OSS leads to research, troubleshoot, and resolve system-related issues. Duties include, but are not limited to the following
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Support the OSS technical staff in the delivery of technical support for personal computers (PC) including but not limited to modems, Local Area Network (LAN) systems, printers and other peripherals. Assist with the upgrading of existing PC’s. Assist with the installation and configuration of new PC’s.
- Assist in the setup new computers and installation of hardware and software. Maintain a current level of knowledge of microcomputer equipment, software and trends influencing the operation of automated office systems. Assist with inventory, maintenance, training and repair of all microcomputer hardware, software and related peripherals. Provide assistance when needed on basic computer structure, file maintenance, etc.
- Support the OSS technical staff in areas such as, trouble ticket requests, set-up of IT equipment, end user hardware and software support, inventory management and customer service support.
- Process all System Edit Requests (SERS) submitted to OSS through the UPS2000 System. Assist the OSS staff with Move Add Change (MAC) requests. This includes moving PC equipment, profile creation, user permissions, SQL database permissions and Active Directory.
- Performs basic web publishing activities by utilizing the RedDOT CMS tool and Adobe Web Premium Creative Suite. Occasionally assists the Web Development Services (WDS) Unit of the ISD on issues pertaining to website and document redesign.
- Assist OSS Staff with SharePoint implementation. Learn the Business processes of the Bureaus to assist with implementing forms, processes, procedures and workflows onto SharePoint.
- Support other OSS technical staff in areas such the development of section standards and desk procedures, video conferencing equipment operation and support, end user hardware and software support, and document location and recovery. Assist in the development, creation and maintenance of basic reports and queries used by division staff.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Network Configuration, Video Conferencing, Remote Access Support and VPN configuration.
- Experience in supporting Enterprise Software Applications.
- Knowledge of the Unclaimed Property program and UPS2000 system.
- Knowledge of change management and project management methodology.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide customer service utilizing effective and professional communication.
- Must be dependable, punctual and flexible to work under demanding conditions.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively with others.