(6317) Program Technician II
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$2,925 - $3,665
Christina Nguyen (916) 464-6052
Unclaimed Property Division
10600 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - AM
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF #62 or Position #051-550-9928-099 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
Special Instructions: Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
With general supervision provided by a Staff Services Manager I assigned to the Consumer Services Bureau, function as the journey level for the class series responsible for processing difficult claims referred for processing from either the “Fast Track” process or other mechanisms. Conduct in-depth review of claims assigned and/or referred as a result of an initial system evaluation. Evaluate submitted information/claims in accordance with Unclaimed Property Law, Government Code, Probate Code, Civil Code, Code of Civil Procedures, the California Code of Regulations, and Unclaimed Property Division policy. Specific duties include, but will not be limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Review and evaluate Property Owner claims referred from the Fast Track claim process and Property Owner claims submitted by claimants. Identify additional documentation required as document verification. Compare incoming documents in accordance with the program requirement. Deny or process accordingly all valid claims associate with identified property. Assess appropriate distribution of property to claimants. Route claims after completed evaluation through the approval process for settlement/payment.
- Respond to the general public providing programmatic information regarding form completion and appropriate identification. Appropriately respond to public inquiries with accurate and useful information that directly addresses their concern or questions. Exhibit common courtesy using patience and decorum when responding to claimants of the public.
- As a journey level employee, review and assess the less complex Deceased Owner and Business claims submitted by claimants. Coordinate efforts with senior staff to determine appropriate distribution of property to the owners.
- Approve or deny claims following all applicable laws and rules governing the program. Under close supervision may perform analytical tasks for training and development purposes.
- Provide inventory, time, and production data to management as requested. Assist claimants with their claims at the public counter.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Positive, friendly, and professional attitude
- Punctuality and excellent attendance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high production environment
- Ability to make critical decisions
- Ability to interact with co-workers
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and to adjust to priority changes