(6311) Staff Services Manager I (Supervisory)
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$5,689.00 - $7,068.00
Sarah Loya, (916) 322-3351
State Accounting and Reporting Division
3301 C Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
September 14, 2017
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - CN
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Application must include ARF #28 in the job title section. Incomplete application packages will be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Please include a copy of your degree, transcripts, and detailed work experience on your application. Application must also include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position. The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the Staff Services Manager I (Supervisor) provides leadership and supervises the clerical and professional staff involved in the daily administrative functions of two Divisions – the State Accounting and Reporting Division, and the Local Government Programs and Services Division, and assists the Manager, the Divisions’ Executive Management, and the Strategic Planning Section with special projects.
To be considered for this position, candidates must include the following:
- A Statement of Qualifications (1-2 pages) is required, describing your recent experience in the following areas as they relate to this position:
- Why this position interests you
- Describe your involvement in oversight, development, and review of budgets and budget-related reports, etc., that supported a program or a Division within a State governmental agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Work directly with the Bureau of Administration Chief and Administration Section (Section) Manager to insure the successful completion of implementation of the split of the former Division of Accounting and Reporting into two Divisions, and develop long term systems for streamlining business operations improvements for both Divisions.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate workload for the Section. Supervise and oversee clerical and professional staff performing daily administrative functions such as training, procurement, facilities, mail, telecom, emergency procedures, and safety issues. Responsible for assisting in the areas of personnel and budgets. Responsible for probation reports, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline proceedings.
- Address Section workload and supervisory demands while working directly with the Strategic Planning Section to assess and establish improved administrative policies and procedures tied to the Strategic Plans of both Divisions.
- Develop and maintain a monthly workload analysis system for monitoring staff time spent on administrative tasks for the purpose of streamlining processes, implementing efficiencies, identifying cost savings, and tracking staff resources.
- Develop and maintain current policies and procedures for all tasks performed by the Section.
- Provide leadership for the Section. This includes, but is not limited to, staff development, training, problem resolution, process improvement, and recognition.
- Serve as liaison between Executive Management, sections within both Divisions, and other Divisions within the State Controller’s Office.
- Assist with special projects to meet the Divisions’ and Departmental goals.
- Meet with management of both Divisions to present findings and solutions to various issues. Develop and implement policies and procedures on chosen solutions. Monitor, update, and report to management as required.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good work habits, self-motivated, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to follow directions while demonstrating a high degree of initiative, independence, and responsibility in successfully performing the assigned job duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attendance and dependability.
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.
Protect California's financial integrity while providing transparency and excellent service.
Provide stewardship of public dollars while building a forward-thinking culture of continuous improvement and innovation.